The scallions are left large (in two-inch pieces), the cherry tomatoes halved, and the garlic and peppers very thinly sliced. Then a sautĂ© is done, and to the table it goes. I’ll have to remember this dish for other nights when culinary disaster looms – it was quick and very fresh and bright!
Sunday, July 22, 2012
Scallion, Cherry Tomato, and Pepper Penne
Finally we actually dip into one of my Marcella Hazan books! This quick, fresh pasta was from Marcella Cucina
. I used a gluten-free pasta (which Sophia and I aren’t technically allowed to eat, but we do make the exceptions once in awhile) (uhmmm, I’m sure you’ve noticed that), and had found some really gorgeous scallions at a local Korean grocery. Marcella warns that this dish is pointless unless you can find ripe, juicy cherry tomatoes – thankfully there were just those tomatoes at our organic grocery. Jalapeno peppers and garlic are the only other ingredients, really:

The scallions are left large (in two-inch pieces), the cherry tomatoes halved, and the garlic and peppers very thinly sliced. Then a sautĂ© is done, and to the table it goes. I’ll have to remember this dish for other nights when culinary disaster looms – it was quick and very fresh and bright!

The scallions are left large (in two-inch pieces), the cherry tomatoes halved, and the garlic and peppers very thinly sliced. Then a sautĂ© is done, and to the table it goes. I’ll have to remember this dish for other nights when culinary disaster looms – it was quick and very fresh and bright!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment