My kitchen is kitted out from thrift stores. I’ve been incredibly blessed to find everything from an electric grain grinder, a Bosch blender/mixer, two All-Clad pans, Corning Ware, down to much of my cookbook collection. I love to research reviews on Amazon (as y’all know), but then I watch my local thrifts. Well, I’d had a tart tin in the Amazon cart for awhile. Reviews had me being all picky about the brand, though . . . “this is the one you want, from France” advised one reviewer. I’m sure you know where this story is going! A couple of days before I made this last menu I found a pristine tart tin in the
very brand recommended by Amazon reviewers. Naturally a tart went onto this menu!
A problem with tarts around here, of course, is making the tart shell without gluten. I still had
La Tartine Gourmande: Recipes for an Inspired Life
home from the library, and I noted that not only does she have several different gluten-free shell recipes, but had an interesting zucchini tart recipe as well. Sadly, the book went back to the library so I can’t report which crust I used! It involved millet flour, amaranth flour, and brown rice flour, so while it was gluten free, it was not Paleo and I’d like to refine it. What the recipe
was was outrageously delicious.
Gluten free crust came out very well for being gluten free! After it was pre-baked, a ricotta/herb mixture was spread across the bottom of the tart:
Then sliced zucchini and
Gruyère were alternated. This was supposed to have yellow and green zucchini alternating, which would have made it more gorgeous for sure, but my shoppers couldn’t find any yellow zucchini this week. And I’d already grated the last of our
Gruyère, so I just put it in that way rather than the slices the recipe called for:
Baked in the oven, and
oh yum. Pretty sweet dish with the ricotta and zucchini, and it reheated so well that next time I will definitely need to double this for more leftovers!
Good way to break in my new French tart tin.

No comments:
Post a Comment