When making up the grocery list this week, Araminta pointed out that if we continue cooking consecutively through
Cupcakes: Luscious bakeshop favorites from your home kitchen
, we will be making berry cupcakes in, say, November. Hmmm. Re-plan; she’s right about that! So I picked up lovely fresh berries, but then got slammed with a tidal wave of errands on Saturday, not particularly negotiable, and Lucinda’s allergies flared horribly. The cupcakes we’d chosen were complicated, too, since they were filled, and used cream cheese frosting, which we’d not done before.
No problem for Araminta! Bravely prepping as I head out the door:
And I arrived home to find a beautiful batch of cupcakes:
The vanilla cupcakes were everything a cupcake
should be: moist and flavorful, just perfect. They had a raspberry filling, and the cream cheese frosting was delicious as well. I have to apologize for my blurry shot again, but had to show you a cut-open cupcake:
Congratulations to Araminta on a really professional cupcake!

Great job, Araminta! Those cupcakes look beautiful and tasty!
ReplyDelete