Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Lemon Honey Chicken with Tomatoes & Haricot Verts

Why I don’t just buy a copy of La Tartine Gourmande: Recipes for an Inspired Life is a mystery at this point. I’m sure hogging a library copy, eh? This one was very good, too. Although it is going to look pretty simple on this webpage, the flavor combination was new to all of us and very, very good. A dish that sort of slowed the world down and took us somewhere else while we ate.

I couldn’t find haricot verts and so used regular beans, but they were quite fresh. The author called for zebra tomatoes, which were so not available here. But again, at least fresh ripe tomatoes are available at this time of year. I’ve got glorious oregano still in my herb bed, although sadly had to buy fresh parsley as that’s all gone.

The chicken is marinated first, just for 30 minutes, then the dish is oven-done. The combination of the beans and kalamata olives and herbs with the chicken was pretty outrageously good.

She does have a similar recipe on her blog if you’d like to try it. She doesn’t specify olives there – black kalamata olives were perfect, and you might like trying a tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley, as well. The blog version also is missing 3 minced garlic cloves! Quelle horreur!

012


Awaiting a starch:

009

Such a good book.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment