Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sweet Potato & Carrot Pancakes, Beet & Quinoa Tabouli

Lots of color here! A crazy running day, and feeling worse and worse before my iron infusions began. I corralled Clara to help in the kitchen. Apparently trying to wear the library’s copy of La Tartine Gourmande to shreds, I chose two more dishes. The sweet potato and carrot pancakes were similar to any zucchini pancake or potato pancake we’ve had, but were very sweet due to the nature of the vegetables. My niece was visiting, and I was thinking it would be a child-friendly-veg dish. It did not disappoint – well, not in the rate at which it disappeared, but they did fall apart quite badly no matter how we adjusted the heat. Still. We figured, “who cares, since they’re delicious?”

002

The quinoa tabouli was amazing, although frankly it looked a little bit like raw ground beef visually. The combination of earthy beets and feta cheese in this salad is brilliant. Again we substituted cashews for pinenuts; Clara pan-roasted them, and little cherry tomatoes are added for a pop of juicy.

008


Both excellent dishes. Definite make-agains.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment