Good thing it was good. Not spectacular, but both solid and quick! I recently scored a couple of Nigella Lawson books at a thrift store, which was quite the exciting moment as I’ve never seen a Nigella in the wild ;-). This one I almost passed by. My edition is called “Forever Summer” but the US edition is this one: Nigella Fresh . Nothing grabbed my attention as I flipped through it. But then a quick look-up on the phone, and I noted the insight from an Amazon reviewer that Nigella’s books in general are carb-heavy, but that this one is more useable on a low carb diet. Hmmmm.
So this is her “Marinated Salmon with Capers and Gherkins”. Quick little marinade in lime, oil, salt, pepper. The salmon was supposed to be cut very thin and eaten raw, but we weren’t quite that brave. The Patriarch oh-so-carefully sliced the fish lovely thin:
Then kinda forgot to be delicate in the pan, so it broke up. OH well. The marinade was poured on the fish, then capers, sliced baby gherkins, and chives sprinkled on top. Nigella suggested pumpernickel bread as an accompaniment, which would’ve been good. Also a herb-y dill based bread would have been nice. We had some olive bread, so our gluten-eaters had that.
This went together really quickly! The capers and gherkins toned down the lime for us, which is kind of odd when you think about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment