Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chicken Breast Marinated in Herbs & Spices, Layered with Zucchini

My husband is quite – how shall we say – understated in his reaction to most food. He’ll gamely give it a try before he douses it in hot sauce. It used to hurt my feelings way back when, but that was so many years ago now; if he says, “It’s fine” I know that’s about par for the course.

Imagine my complete shock when he came home from work last week, having tried this dish via leftovers, and said, “What was that chicken? It was delicious”. I didn’t even know he knew that word! I about fell out of bed and asked him to repeat it, and he kind of went on (well, as close as he’ll ever get) about how delicious it was. And from an Italian cookbook. Like a miracle, that.

This one is from Marcella Cucina and actually calls for turkey breast, which would be nummy too, but chicken breast was what I had. Nigel had been given a ginormous zucchini from someone at work, so I put my visiting sister to work slicing that, and we both began assembling the dish. Clara ended up finishing the whole thing, however, when sister and I put on the chauffer hat to do a series of errands.

CAM00064

The real key to the success of this dish is the blend of herbs in the marinade, I think. It was very good and will be made again here for sure.


CAM00069

No comments:

Post a Comment