Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Salmon with Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette

For our inaugural “Sweetheart Sunday” that guy I’ll call “The Patriarch” and I made “Pan-Roasted Salmon with Citrus-Balsamic Vinaigrette” from The Union Square Cafe Cookbook: 160 Favorite Recipes from New York's Acclaimed Restaurant. It was a fun, simple salmon treatment that got rave reviews from the family – we’ll definitely make this one again.
071Basil, mint, parsley; freshly squeezed orange juice and zest

100  The Patriarch spoons the marinade over the salmon – he did this while cooking, as well.

We served this with a mixed greens & shiitake salad with homemade blue cheese dressing. Our Costco has some delicious blue cheese; that’s one of those times where the quality of the ingredient directly affects the quality of the result, so I’ll spend a bit more on blue cheese.
This was the first dish we’d tried out of this cookbook. Amazon reviewers raved about it, and I’m glad to have found an inexpensive copy. The fish was tender and delicious, very briefly on the stovetop, then cooked in the oven before the marinade was added, then on the stovetop again in the marinade.
I’ve added affiliate links for this book, but do what I did and buy it used – I only buy cookbooks when they drop below $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment