Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pasta with Bresaola, Vodka, and Cream

You know, I forgot to take a single picture of this! Sophia and I cooked this together from Biba Caggiano’s Italy Al Dente: Pasta, Risotto, Gnocchi, Polenta, Soup . We were both feeling awful at the time but just powered through it.

I didn’t actually have bresaola, you know . . . Uncle Google was only able to find me bresaola in a deli in Seattle that sometimes carries it. Uhm, no. So I thought about “cured, spiced beef” and came up with Kirkland Steak Strips, which just so happen to be gluten free :-). I think they added a sweetness to the dish that mightn’t have been there with actual bresaola, but it worked.

I keep getting all excited when a recipe tells me to be OHHHHH so careful when adding alcohol to the hot pan. This recipe actually recommended a fire extinguisher handy! Ooooh boy, I’m on “Chopped” now, folks. I’ve stopped calling the children into the kitchen to watch at this point, though. And once again, sigh, not a flame in sight. I always kind of wonder about these recipes, too, where you put in the two tablespoons of vodka or whatever and poof! It’s gone in three seconds. Wonder what that imparts, not so much with a flavor like wine or say, rum, but vodka is awfully flavorless to begin with.

Ah well, this was very rich, very creamy, very good pasta with lots of leeks and parmesan cheese. Major comfort-girly food, and super filling!









 

No comments:

Post a Comment